Effective Date: October 21, 2021
*Visit our branded social media pages, such as our Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube pages
*Visit our offices
*Register or take part in our events, webinars, conferences,
*Contact us, such as requesting information about our products or services, setting up your account(s) with us when you purchase our products or services, subscribing to our newsletter, requesting published information from us (such as whitepapers), registering for our content, chatting with us online, scheduling a meeting or applying for a job
Through our Interactions with you, we may collect both personal information and other information from you.
“Other information” means any information that does not qualify as “Personal Information”, such as anonymized and/or aggregated data.
Information you provide to us – When you voluntarily provide information to us (i.e., Interactions such as signing up for newsletters or an early access program, communicating with our services team, attending one of our events (both online or in the real world), or sending us an email), you’re giving us information we collect. The information we collect may include personal information. We may also collect other information that you choose to provide during your Interactions with us, such as information concerning the nature of your request (such as when you request a demo of our software or input information when you download a white paper) and any other information you might provide to us (such as information you write into “free text” types of boxes or that you communicate to our people when you interact with them on the phone or in person at an event or in our offices).
Information automatically collected when visiting our websites – When you visit our websites or engage in other Interactions with us online, we automatically record certain information about you. This information may include:
* IP Address & Other Log Data – We may collect your device’s or computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address. IP addresses can be used to identify your internet services provider (ISP) and/or the general geographic area from which you are accessing our website. We may also collect information that identifies your mobile carrier, the type of browser you are using, the operating system you use, and other similar computing systems data. We also collect and maintain web application server logs that include information about how you use our websites.
* Cookies & Third Party Tracking Technologies – We use “cookies” and similar technologies to collect information and improve our Interactions with you. Cookies are small data files sent from a website and stored on your computer or other web-browsing device. We may use “persistent cookies” to save certain information needed to facilitate future interactions with you, such as persistent cookies to save your user ID and password for when you want to login to protected portions of our website in the future. We also use “session ID cookies” to monitor and understand your Interactions with us, to monitor overall usage and traffic on our websites. We also work with third parties to deliver ads and other marketing materials to you on other websites, based on information collected about your use of our website and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a cookie or similar on your browser.
*Third Party Sources of Information – We may also collect information about you from third parties with whom we work who have separately collected your information, or from public sources.
Use of Information Collected
The information that we collect may be used for the purposes described below:
* Respond to Other Requests from You – If you contact us with questions, feedback, concerns or other requests, we may use the information we have collected about you to respond to you.
* Provide, Maintain and Improve our Products and Services- If you request products or services from us, we may use your information to deliver, maintain and improve those products and services. This may include using your information to setup your account(s), providing customer service, support or other services, delivering technology or security alerts, delivering account and billing information and processing your payments, and other functions related to providing our products and services.
* Operate the Websites & Personalizing Your Experience – We use your information to provide the websites and related services to you. For example, we use your information to verify your user access credentials, and to preserve information between your website sessions and to monitor and improve the operation and security of our websites. We may also use your information (like cookies) to personalize your experience on our websites.
* Marketing & Research- We may use the information that we have collected about you to provide you with marketing communications, to deliver targeted advertising and marketing materials to you, to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts, to better understand you and your preferences, and to promote our products, services and events. All of our marketing will be conducted according to the advertising and marketing preferences that you provide to us, and in accordance with applicable law.
* Manage Your Job Application- If you apply for a job with us, we will use your information to consider and manage that job application.
* Update Our Records- We use information that we have collected about you to ensure and update the accuracy of the information that we possess about you.
* Maintain and Improve Security – We may use your information to verify your identity, user credentials and access rights, combat spam, and protect against malicious activities, security risks and fraud.
* Other Business Purposes – We may also use your information for the purposes of seeking your feedback, whether directly or through surveys or questionnaires, about our current or future business plans, products and services. We may also use your information for other legitimate business purposes, such as legal compliance, safety, quality control, training of our staff, or ensuring that your and our confidential and/or proprietary information is protected.
Sharing of Information
We will only share your information as described below:
*Services Providers, Vendors and Others. We use certain services providers, vendors, contractors and others to assist us in running our business and in providing our products and services. These providers may assist us with a variety of functions, such as hosting our websites and related services, providing business analytics, billing, accounting, marketing, office and facilities support, human resources, payroll, engineering, information technology, and customer service. All of these parties are obligated to keep this information strictly confidential and to use the information solely in support of our business purposes.
* Commercial Partners. We may share your information with our commercial business partners that offer products or solutions that are complimentary to our business. These may include parties that are our referral partners, systems integrators, resellers, solution partners, and consultants.
With respect to information collected at or concerning events of Unravel and/or our partners, we may use that information to communicate with you about those or future events, and where legally permitted, we may share information about you and your attendance with your company and/or our sponsors and partners. Please be aware that if you provide information at or for conferences or events that are sponsored (whether alone or together with us and/or others), their use of your information will be handled according to their own privacy policies. You should review and ensure that you are comfortable with those policies (and ours) before you provide any information.
* Advertising and Analytics Partners- In some instances, we use third parties to deliver advertising to you on our behalf, and to provide analytics and insights. Information collected by these parties may be used by us and our advertising partners to better understand you, analyze and track your activities on our websites, and deliver advertising to you based on your activities and interests. For example, we use Google Analytics to measure visitor, session and campaign data for our website analytics reports.
* Compliance with Laws & Public Safety – We may share your information, without prior consent to you, if required to do so in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, legal process or governmental request; in a good faith belief that such action is necessary to maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of Unravel or enforce applicable user agreement(s) or policies; or safeguard the personal safety of our employees, our customers or the general public.
* Strategic Business Transactions- We may share your information in connection with the negotiation and/or completion of certain strategic business transactions, such as a merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or financing transaction. If any transaction of this nature results in any changes to how your information will be handled, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our website so you may change your permissions as you deem appropriate.
* With Your Consent- We may share your information for any purposes with your consent.
We may also use or share aggregated and/or de-identified data for business purposes (but this information cannot reasonably be used to identify you).
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information generally depends on the nature of the personal information and the context in which we collect it. We collect and use personal information where the processing is in our legitimate business interests (such as direct marketing and sales to prospective and existing customers). In other circumstances, our processing will be based on your consent to do so, or where we need to do so to perform or enter into a contract with you. Sometimes we also may have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
We have implemented and maintain appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information we collect, including industry-standard security controls to prevent unauthorized access or use of our systems. We take the security and integrity of the information we collect seriously, but you should be aware that even with these security measures in place, there is always some risk associated with sharing information (particularly personal information) online. If you have any reason to believe that your information is not secure, or has been compromised, please notify us immediately in accordance with Section 15 (How To Contact Us) below.
If you Interact with us and/or provide personal data to us, your personal data may be transferred to, processed or maintained on servers or databases located outside the country or jurisdiction in which you are located. Those countries and jurisdictions may have data protection laws that are less protective than the laws or the jurisdiction in which you are located. If you do not want your personal information transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction in which you are located, you should not Interact with us.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom or Switzerland, we will comply with applicable law relating to the protection of personal information outside of those jurisdictions. Specifically, where applicable law requires that we ensure that an international data transfer is governed by a data transfer mechanism, we will use one or more of the following mechanisms: EU Standard Contractual Clauses, verification that the recipient has implemented Binding Corporate Rules, or verification that the recipient adheres to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework. If and when additional mechanisms are authorized by applicable law, we may rely on those as well.
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to applicable data protection laws, including the following:
to access your personal information held by us (right to access);
to rectify inaccurate personal information and ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
to erase/delete your personal information to the extent permitted by other legal obligations (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
to restrict our processing of your personal information (right to restriction of processing);
to transfer your personal information to another controller to the extent possible (right to data portability);
to object to any processing of your personal information carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects (“Automated Decision-Making”); Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our websites;
to the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your personal information on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you wish to access, correct, amend, remove or limit the use or disclosure of any personal information about you that we have collected and stored, or have it transferred to another organization, please notify us at [email protected] so we can respond to you. If we receive a request, we will also notify any third parties with whom we share your personal information, unless doing so is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Upon request, we will identify any such third parties.
If you want to change your preferences with respect to how we use your personal information for marketing purposes, please email us at [email protected].
For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to personal data associated with the email address from which you send your request, and we may require further information to verify your identity before we comply with your request(s). Also, please be aware that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, regulatory compliance and/or to complete transactions that you initiated prior to submitting your request. In all instances, we will respond to your request within 30 days.
You always have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe directions sent with every email or by sending us an email that you wish to unsubscribe to [email protected]. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you transactional communications.
Our websites may link to other websites through direct links or through other applications (such as “share” or “like” buttons), and other websites may include similar links to our websites. We do not claim or accept responsibility for any privacy policies, practices and/or procedures of other websites. You should review the privacy policies on all such websites before you use them.
This website, together with our products and services, are not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and if you are under the age of 18, you may not Interact with us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
We do not request, and we ask that you do not provide, any sensitive personal information, such as social security information, medical information, financial information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political, religious or other personal beliefs, criminal background, trade union membership, etc., unless we expressly request such information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim responsibility for sensitive information.
Under California law, resident of California may request details from us once per calendar year about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. However, under the law, a business is not required to provide this information if it allows California residents to opt into (or out of) this kind of sharing. You may opt into (or out of) our sharing your information by emailing us at [email protected] with “Opt-In/Opt-Out Request” in the subject line. We will respond to the email from which you submit the request.
If you are a California resident and you wish to make a request under California law, please send an email to [email protected] with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. We will provide the information requested to the email from which you submit the request.
We try to delete personal information after we have no justifiable business need to retain it, and in accordance with applicable law. We may retain personal information longer if and as necessary to comply with legal obligations. If the foregoing are not possible, then we will continue to store all personal information in accordance with the security protocols described above and refrain from further access, use or processing until deletion is possible.
Unravel Data Systems, Inc.
3000 El Camino Real
Building 2, Suite 120
Palo Alto, CA 94306