As organizations invest ever more heavily in modernizing their data stacks, data teams—the people who actually deliver the value of data to the business—are finding it increasingly difficult to manage the performance, cost, and quality of these complex systems.
Data teams today find themselves in much the same boat as software teams were 10+ years ago. Software teams have dug themselves out the hole with DevOps best practices and tools—chief among them full-stack observability.
But observability for data applications is a completely different animal from observability for web applications. Effective DataOps demands observability that’s designed specifically for the different challenges facing different data team members throughout the DataOps lifecycle.
That’s DataOps observability.
In this white paper, you’ll learn:
- What is DataOps observability?
- What data teams can learn from DevOps
- Why observability designed for web apps is insufficient for data apps
- What data teams need from DataOps observability
- The 5 capabilities DataOps observability